So, if you wake up every morning with the same skin you slept in the night before, your morning skincare routine should be the same as your evening routine, right? WRONG!
Whilst it can be convenient to use the same products morning and night, your skin is exposed to different elements at night, compared to the daytime. In the evening your skin is unmasked to different bacteria from your pillow, as well as excess oil production. However, during the day, your skin can be unconcealed from dirt, makeup, pollutants and bacteria.
So, how should your AM vs. PM skincare routine work? Here’s how:
PM SKINCARE ROUTINE
Your night time skincare routine should focus deeply on cleansing your skin and adding nourishment, allowing your skin to repair itself and slow down its ageing process. Here are a few steps you should definitely consider in your PM skincare routine:
- Cleansing - (either with a balm, liquid or whatever you prefer). Cleansing will remove makeup and any excess oil and dirt from the skin.
- Serum – Using a serum will rejuvenate and illuminate your skin, assisting a more youthful complexion.
- Eye Serum – The skin around your eyes is a lot more fragile than the rest of your face, an eye serum will focus on and take care of the skin around your eyes.
- Moisturiser – keeping skin feeling soft, fresh and youthful.
AM SKINCARE ROUTINE
Your morning skincare routine needs to prep your skin for the day ahead, including:
- A Gentle Cleanser - to strip your skin of the overnight oil accumulation, dirt and night time products so that it has a fresh base.
- Eye Cream – to nourish the skin around your eyes, leaving you with a youthful, bright complexion.
- A Lightweight Moisturiser – So that it won’t weigh down your skin throughout the day, but still allow your skin to feel refreshed and soft.
Now is the time to put in the practice and pay attention to how your skin responds! We’d love to hear your results, reach out to us at:
Facebook: British Beauty Box
YouTube: British Beauty Box
British Beauty Box Team x